Don't let their odd shape deter you - wontons are quite easy to fold.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Moisten all the edges of the wonton wrapper with water. Place about 1 teaspoon of uncooked filling in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Fold the wonton wrapper in half lengthwise, making sure the ends meet. Press firmly down on the ends to seal.
- Use your thumbs to push down on the edges of the filling to make sure it stays centered in the middle.
- Keeping your thumbs in place, fold the wonton wrapper over one more time.
- Push the corners up and hold in place between your thumbs and index fingers.
- Wet the corners with your fingers. Bring the two corners together so that one overlaps the other. Press together to seal.
- The finished product resembles a nurse's cap. The wonton is now ready to be boiled or deep-fried. Repeat with the remainder of the wrappers.
- If you are having problems, try using a cornstarch/water mixture or beaten egg white to moisten the skins.