Stir-fry dishes often call for mango slices instead of cubes. Here are easy instructions for peeling and slicing a mango.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Cut off the stem of the mango.
- Hold the fruit upright, cupping it in the palm of your hand.
- With the other hand, use a potato peeler or a paring knife to cut away the peel, following the curves of the fruit.
- Lay the fruit on its flat end and slice lengthwise, working around the flat seed in the middle. Cut the fruit into thin slices as desired.
- Stand the mango upright or otherwise move around to carve away the remaining flesh surrounding the seed.
- I find a potato peeler works fine for peeling off the skin.
What You Need
- Potato peeler