Toasted sesame seeds add a nutty flavor to stir-fries and cold noodle dishes. Here are easy instructions on how to toast sesame seeds.
Time Required: Varies
- For stovetop toasting, use a wide frying pan.
- Heat the sesame seeds on medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Remove the seeds when they darken and become fragrant.
- For oven toasting, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the seeds out on a baking sheet.
- Bake until the seeds brown and become fragrant.
- For both methods, allow the toasted seeds to cool.
- Store in a covered jar at room temperature.
- It takes me between 3 and 5 minutes to toast sesame seeds on the stovetop, and about 15 minutes using the oven.
What You Need:
- Sesame Seeds
- Fry Pan or Baking Sheet
- Covered Jar