You'll have a more flavorful dish if you drain the tofu before cooking.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Cover a cutting board with paper towels or towels.
- At this point you can either cut the tofu into the size and number of pieces called for in the recipe now, or you can drain the tofu first and cut it later. Either way is fine.
- Place the tofu on the cutting board.
- Place a heavy weight, such as a book or bowl, on the tofu.
- Drain the tofu for at least 15 minutes.
- Change the paper towelling or towels as required.
- If you didn't do it earlier, cut the tofu into the size and number of pieces called for in the recipe.
- If possible, you might want to tilt the cutting board to allow the water to drain into the sink.
- For better results when cooking tofu, be sure not to overcook.
What You Need
- 1 block tofu
- Cutting Board
- Towels (Paper or Other)
- Heavy Weight
- Knife to Cut Tofu