Another recipe for Beef With Snow Peas - the beef is blanched before stir-frying with the snow peas.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- 3/4 pound flank steak
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light (thin) soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Freshly ground Black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 – 6 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 - 2 tablespoons water, chicken broth or rice wine
2. Heat a wok or heavy skillet on medium-high to high heat, and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the beef. Let sear (brown) for a minute, then stir-fry until the redness is gone and the beef is nearly cooked. Remove the beef from the pan and drain. Wipe out the pan.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and the snow peas. Stir-fry the snow peas, stirring continually, until they turn dark green (up to 2 minutes). Sprinkle the salt over the snow peas while stir-frying.
4. Add the beef back into the pan. Add the chicken broth, water or rice wine. Stir for another minute to mix everything together. Serve hot.
Cooking Tips: For extra flavor, use preseasoned oil when stir-frying the beef.