- 4 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined (Guide Note: Cut the shrimp if they are too large)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or stock
- Up to 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons oil for frying
2. Add 1 tablespoon oil to a preheated wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp. Stir-fry briefly, until they turn pink. Remove and drain.
3. Add 1 tablespoon oil and turn the heat on high. When oil is hot, add the egg mixture. Scramble gently for about 1 minute, then add the shrimp. Continue scrambling until the eggs are almost cooked but still moist. Remove from the heat and let sit for a minute before serving.
More Scrambled Eggs Recipes: Chinese Scrambled Eggs With Garlic Chives
Scrambled Eggs With Chives and Sour Cream (Fusion Recipe)
More Chinese Egg Recipes
Main Chinese Food Recipe File
Reprinted with permission from The Everything Chinese Cookbook, by Rhonda Lauret Parkinson, Copyright © 2003, F&W Publications, Inc., All Rights Reserved.