Serves 3 to 4
- Lobster sauce (click on the link in the directions for the recipe)
- 3/4 pound frozen Tiger shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped
Run the shrimp under warm running water until thawed. Pat dry with paper towels. Shell and devein if necessary.
Marinate the shrimp in the rice wine or sherry, salt and cornstarch for 15 minutes.
Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and green onion. Stir-fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds). Add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn pink.
Push the shrimp up to the sides of the pan and add the sauce in the middle. Bring to a boil and then mix in with the shrimp. Serve hot.