Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 pound boneless chicken, cut into large cubes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime zest, grated
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 10 minutes
- Sweet and Sour Fish Sauce (See Link in Directions for Recipe)
- bean sprouts
- basil sprigs
- mint sprigs
Thread marinated chicken onto skewers, leaving two inches free at each end and place on a baking sheet. Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake about 20 minutes until chicken is medium-rare. Turn oven to broil and broil chicken until brown. Do not overcook. Serves 4.
To Serve: Serve with rice vermicelli and Sweet and Sour Fish Sauce. Can also be served with rice. Garnish with bean sprouts, basil, and mint.
Reprinted with permission from The Vietnamese Cookbook by Diana My Tran.