"The king of the zodiac, dragon people are famous for their passion and zest for life. Creative non-conformists, Dragons pursue their latest goal with passion, whether it’s leading a civil rights movement (Martin Luther King) or becoming a legendary screen actress (Olivia de Haviland). When a dragon puts his mind to something, he is unstoppable, and his popularity means he never has problems persuading people to support his latest cause. At their best, dragon people are charismatic, entertaining and just plain fun to be around. On the negative side, dragons can be short tempered and hate to lose an argument."
Recommended Appetizer: Gift-wrapped Chicken (also known as Silver Wrapped and Paper-wrapped Chicken). Make an extra effort to impress, using silver foil to wrap the chicken packages, and piling them high on a plate with extra cilantro sprigs for a garnish.
- February 3,1916 - January 22, 1917
- January 23, 1928 - February 9, 1929
- February 8, 1940 - January 26, 1941
- January 27, 1952 - February 13, 1953
- February 13, 1964 - February 1, 1965
- January 31, 1976 - February 17, 1977
- February 17, 1988- February 5, 1989
- February 5, 2000 - January 23, 2001
"Like the famous snake in the song sung by Al Wilson ('Take me in O tender woman') people born under this sign are known for their charm and seductive powers. If you hook up with someone born under this sign, you’ll never have to worry about money. On the other hand, Snakes have a reputation for being possessive.
In general, people born under this sign are relentless in pursuing goals, whether it’s a romantic interest, leading a revolutionary movement (Mao Tso Tung) or trying to put a man on the moon (John F. Kennedy Jr). While snakes are known for being deep thinkers, they can be rather vain."
Recommended Appetizer: Potstickers with Ginger Dipping Sauce. – the sensuous snake will be hooked on these luscious dumplings filled with pork and shrimp.
- January 23, 1917 - February 10, 1918
- February 10, 1929 - January 29, 1930
- January 27, 1941 - February 14, 1942
- February 14, 1953 - February 2, 1954
- February 2, 1965 - January 20, 1966
- February 18, 1977 - February 6, 1978
- February 6, 1989 - January 26, 1990
- January 24, 2001 - February 11, 2002
"One of the most sociable signs of the zodiac, Horse people are known for their cheerful nature. Despite the occasional incidence of “foot in mouth” and a tendency to monopolize the conversation, horse people are generally quite popular. Like their animal sign, horses crave physical activity. At the office, they are excellent multi-taskers, but get bored easily. When it comes to romance, horses are known for falling head over heels in love - unfortunately, they may be in a relationship with someone else!"
Recommended Appetizer: Bacon Water Chestnut Appetizer: People born under this sign love being in the middle of a crowd, and at any buffet table you’re likely to see guests crowding around this popular appetizer.
- February 11, 1918 - January 31, 1919
- January 30, 1930 - February 16, 1931
- February 15, 1942 - February 4, 1943
- February 3, 1954 - January 23, 1955
- January 21, 1966 - February 8, 1967
- February 7, 1978 - January 27, 1979
- January 27, 1990 - February 14, 1991
- February 12, 2002 - January 31, 2003
"Don’t expect to see someone born under this sign dancing around with a lampshade on their head. Sheep people tend to be quite retiring. That doesn't mean they like to be ignored, however. In fact, in some ways Sheep people are quite "high maintenance" – prone to worry and requiring constant reassurance. On the plus side, people on this sign are very family oriented – count on them to remember birthdays and anniversaries."
Recommended Appetizer: Jiaozi dumplings. People born under this sign will appreciate that the round balls signify family reunion. Better still, why not invite the sheep to a family jiazo making party?
- February 1, 1919 - February 19, 1920
- February 17, 1931 - February 5, 1932
- February 5, 1943 - January 24, 1944
- January 24, 1955 - February 11, 1956
- February 9, 1957 - January 29, 1968
- January 28, 1979 - February 15, 1980
- February 15, 1991 - February 3, 1992
- February 1, 2003 - January 21, 2004
"If born under this sign, count yourself lucky! A combination of intelligence and a hard work ethic leads many monkeys to financial success, and their shrewd business acumen and sense of timing means they hang on to it. While monkeys don’t absolutely need to be the center of attention at social gatherings, they certainly don’t mind grabbing the spotlight. The outlook is not quite so rosy when it comes to personal relationships: monkeys are known for losing interest easily and becoming hyper-critical. But if you ever have a thorny problem to solve, turn to a monkey: people born under this sign love and excel at problem solving."
Recommended Appetizer: Lo Mai Gai - Monkeys will be impressed by the bundles of sticky rice and Chinese sausage cleverly wrapped in lotus leaves.
- February 20, 1920 - February 7, 1921
- February 6, 1932 - January 25, 1933
- January 25, 1944 - February 12, 1945
- February 12, 1956 - January 30, 1957
- January 30, 1968 - February 16, 1969
- February 16, 1980 - February 4, 1981
- February 4, 1992 - January 22, 1993
- January 22, 2004 - February 8, 2005
Appetizer Recommendations for Rat, Ox, Tiger and Rabbit animal signs
Appetizers Recommendations for Rooster, Dog, and Pig/Boar