- 1 pound fresh Sea Scallops, velveted (see recipe directions for link on how to velvet scallops)
- Garlic Sauce (see directions for link to garlic sauce recipe)
- 1 package fresh snow peas, 6 - 7 ounces, rinsed, drained
- 1 large carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil, for stir-frying
- 2 thin slices fresh ginger
- pinch of salt
2. While the scallops are refrigerated, prepare the garlic sauce. Keep warm on low heat. Prepare the carrot and snow peas. Bring the water for velveting the scallops to a simmer.
3. Finish velveting the scallops in the simmering water, according to step 4 of the velveting scallops recipe directions.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a preheated wok. When the oil is hot, add the ginger slices, snow peas and carrot. Sprinkle salt over. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, adding a bit of water or chicken broth if the vegetables seem too dry.
5. Push the peas and carrots up to the sides of the wok. Quickly re-stir the sauce, add it into the middle of the pan and bring to a boil, stirring. Add the scallops, stirring to coat them in the sauce. Combine the vegetables with the scallops and sauce. Serve. (Note: if you like, you can remove the vegetables from the wok after stir-frying, cook the scallops in the sauce and serve with the sauce over top of the vegetables).
More Chinese Seafood Recipes
Main Chinese Recipes File