- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup drained canned crabmeat or fresh crabmeat
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 14 fluid ounce can creamed corn
- 1 12 fluid ounce can corn niblets, drained
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 - 2 green onions, finely chopped
In a medium saucepan, bring chicken broth, creamed corn, corn niblets, soy sauce, sugar, and pepper to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Add the crabmeat and return to a boil. Re-stir the cornstarch and water and pour it into the soup, stirring quickly to thicken.
Remove the soup from heat. Stir in sesame oil. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with chopped green onion.
Cream Corn Soup - a thinner soup, with more broth and less corn
More Chinese Soup Recipes
Main Chinese Recipe File