- 1 pkg (14oz) House Premium or Organic Tofu, Medium or Soft
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 of whole pumpkin
- 100g dried seaweed soaked
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp House Oden no Moto
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- House Shichimi Pepper (optional)
2. Use a melon baller to scoop turnip, carrot, pumpkin into small balls.
3. Squeeze soaked seaweed and remove excess moisture. Cut into bite-sizes.
4. Cut broccoli into small pieces.
5. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a pot and fry Tofu until golden brown. Transfer to a casserole (Tofu can be also fried in a casserole pan if desired).
6. Add turnip, carrot, pumpkin, seaweed, broccoli, and water. Bring to a boil.
7. Cook over medium heat about 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
8. Season with salt, Oden no Moto, and pepper. Serve hot.
* House Shichimi Pepper can be sprinkled for hot & spicy flavor.
Tofu and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe by Chef Theresa Lin. Printed with permission of Nicole Kruse, Dentsu Communications
More Chinese New Year Recipes
More Tofu Recipes
More Chinese Soup Recipes