Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
- 10 oz (300g) precooked thick wheat noodles*
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- 6 oz (180g) firm tofu - cut into cubes
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic - minced (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
Heat a wok or large frying pan over a high heat, add the oil and stir-fry the carrot and broccoli for 2 minutes. Add the tofu and stir-fry for 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for a minute.
Stir through the noodles and then add the sauce mixture and cashews and mix until thoroughly combined and heated through.
Variation: Flaked almonds can replace the cashews.
*Precooked thick wheat noodles are typically found in the refrigerated section of the supermarket.
Recipe reprinted with permission.