Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 pound cooked crab meat or smoked salmon, lightly flaked
- 1 teaspoon green onion, finely minced
- 1/4 pound cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/2 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound won ton wrappers
- 1 beaten egg or 2 egg whites
- 3 cups vegetable oil
Place 1/2 teaspoon of mixture in center or won ton wrapper; fold square over to form triangle. Lightly brush the center with the beaten egg.
Bring opposite corners together and press gently, so filling will be secure. Place oil in wok and heat to 375 degrees for deep-frying.
Deep-fry one crab or salmon puff and adjust heat downwards if necessary. Fry rest of puffs until delicately brown, less than two minutes. Serve hot.