- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat or canned crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1 teaspoon red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, smashed, peeled, and finely minced
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- 1 small bowl water
- Oil for deep-frying, as needed
On a flat surface, lay out a won ton wrapper in front of you so that it forms 2 triangles (not a square). Wet the edges of the won ton.
Add 1 teaspoon of filling to the middle, and spread it out toward the left and right points of the wrapper so that it forms a log or rectangular shape (otherwise the wrapper may break in the middle during deep-frying).
Fold over the edges of the wrapper to make a triangle. Wet the edges with water and press together to seal.
Keep the completed Crab Rangoon covered with a damp towel or paper towel to keep them from drying out while preparing the remainder.
Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying. When oil is ready (the temperature should be between 360 - 375 degrees), carefully slide in the Crab Rangoon, taking care not to overcrowd the wok. Deep-fry until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Serve hot with Sweet and Sour Sauce or Chinese Hot Mustard.