- 24 wonton wrappers
- Five-spice powder, as needed, optional
- Cream Cheese Dip:
- 8 1/2 ounces crabmeat, drained if using canned meat, and flaked
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped red onion
- 1 - 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine the cream cheese and crab meat mixture. Stir in the remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
Take a wonton wrapper and lightly dust it with the five-spice powder if using (about 1/8 teaspoon). Cut the wonton diagonally so that it forms 2 triangles. Continue with the rest of the wrappers. (Cover the remaining wrappers with a damp cloth so that they don't dry out).
Arrange the wonton wrappers on the baking sheets. Place in the stove on the middle rack, and bake until they turn brown (5 to 6 minutes). Remove and cool.
Place the cream cheese in a medium sized baking dish. Bake until the cream cheese is heated through and just starting to bubble (18 to 20 minutes). Remove and serve immediately with the wonton chips for dipping. If desired, also serve hot mustard and/or sweet and sour sauce.