- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green onions
- 8 ounces ground chicken meat
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter or sesame paste
- 3 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Oil for deep-frying and stir-frying, as needed
Set out the wonton wrappers with a small bowl filled with water. Lay out 1 wonton wrapper, and place approximately 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture in the middle. Dip your finger in the water and run it along the edges of the wonton wrapper to wet. Take another wonton wrapper and place it on top in a way that forms a star shape (ie. the top wrapper looks like a diamond instead of a square). Continue with the rest of the mixture.
To deep-fry, heat 3 to 4 cups of oil to between 360 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Deep-fry the wontons a few at a time, sliding them carefully into the wok so that the oil doesn't splatter. Deep-fry until they turn golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce or the dipping sauce of your choice.