- 3/4 lb shrimp, cut into small pieces
- 4 ounces shredded carrots
- 4 ounces mung bean sprouts
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1 small can water chestnuts, diced small
- 2 packages of chicken or beef gravy mix
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 eggs
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/8 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sweet peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 ounce extra virgin oil blended with 1 ounce sesame oil
Make the sauce by combining the gravy mix packets, water, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix with a wire whisk. Heat on medium high until bubbly, then reduce to warm and let thicken, stirring often.
Beat the eggs in a large bowl, and mix in the shrimp, stir-fried vegetables, remaining vegetables and fish sauce.
Heat the wok to medium, add blended oil to the wok.
Using a small ladle, place the ingredients in the center of the wok and flatten the mixture out. Cook until solid and then fold in half. Continue cooking until done, turning over once. To serve, add the sauce on top.
This Egg Foo Yung recipe was submitted by "Bobbie."