So, youve decided to skip the crowds and spend New Years Eve at home with a loved one. Here are some ideas for a romantic New Years dinner for two, from appetizers through to dessert. These should go well with most types of champagne (in general, when serving champagne, its best to stick with lightly spiced Cantonese cuisine, particularly seafood dishes). If youre serving wine, a German Riesling would be a good choice.
- Spring Rolls or
- Potstickers or
- Crab Rangoon or Easy Baked Crab Rangoon (the crabmeat/cream cheese filling is heated and the wonton chips are served on the side for dipping).
- Shrimp With Lobster Sauce - (with the lighter white sauce found at take-out restaurants), or
- Cantonese Steamed Chicken, or
- Beef and Peppers in Black Bean Sauce, or
- Singapore Noodles With Shrimp (a little tricky - try with a dry or Brut champagne)
The Final Act...Dessert
More Chinese Recipes to Celebrate New Years Eve:Fun Appetizers
Main New Years Eve Page