More Leftover Ham Recipes
- 8 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound dried thin egg noodles or spaghetti
- 3 cups chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 4 teaspoons water
- White or black pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions (spring onions), finely chopped
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup chopped cooked ham
Bring the broth or stock to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper. Give the cornstarch and water a quick re-stir and stir it in.
Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the beaten egg, pouring it slowly through the tines of a fork and stirring rapidly in one direction for about 1 minute.
Pour the hot broth over the noodles. Garnish with the chopped ham and green onion. Serves 5 to 6.
Use the wok to poach the eggs. The poached eggs are placed on the noodles and the sauce is poured over. Garnish with the green onion and the sliced ham as in the recipe above.
For a contrast in texture and color, add a green vegetable.
More Chinese Noodle Recipes
Main Chinese Recipe File