More Chinese Recipes
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions
- 2 slices ginger
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil for stir-frying, or as needed
Mince the garlic. Cut the green onion into thirds.
Heat the wok over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, ginger and green onion. Stir-fry until aromatic, then add the lamb. Brown for a minute. Add the water, chicken broth, rice wine or sherry, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours. Taste and add salt if desired. Stir in the sugar and cook for another 30 minutes, or until lamb is tender. Serve hot.