Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 5 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 scallions (you can substitute spring onions if needed)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
While the lamb is marinating, prepare the sauce and other ingredients.
In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
Heat the wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic. Stir-fry until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
Add the lamb. Stir-fry very briefly, until the lamb changes color (1 to 2 minutes).
Add the sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir in the green onions. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. Stir-fry for 1 more minute, or until the sauce is absorbed. Remove from the heat, stir in the sesame oil, and serve.
Reader Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Comments: Great recipe. Have been eating it in restaurants for a while, but much more satisfying cooking it at home. Same recipe works really well with beef too.From James
Mongolian Lamb With Scallions