More Fried Rice Recipes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 onion
- 8 ounces cooked ham
- 2 green onions, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil for stir-frying
- 1/2 - 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
2. Peel and dice the onion. Dice the ham and green onion.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, rotating the pan so that the oil covers the pan. When the oil is hot, add the eggs. Scramble lightly and remove from the pan. Clean out the pan.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the pan or wok. When the oil is hot, add the onion. Stir-fry briefly until it begins to soften, then add the ham and the green peas. Stir-fry and remove from the pan.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and add the rice, stirring with chopsticks to break up the clumps. Stir in the remainder of the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add the cooked meat and vegetables back into the pan. Stir in the scrambled egg. Heat through and stir in the green onion. Serve hot.
Nutritional Breakdown: (based on 4 servings) Each serving contains: Calories 464, 58 g Carbohydrates, 19 g Protein, 19 g Total Fat (4 g saturated, 10 monounsaturated, 4 polyunsaturated, 35.8 percent calories from fat), 1006 mg sodium, Vitamin C 35 percent, Vitamin B6 99 percent, Thiamin B1 58 percent