- 1 2 1/2 - 3 pound fryer chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 scallion (green onion, spring onion), chopped fine
- 4 ounces pork, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ounces preserved Yunnan cabbage, julienne
- 1 large piece of aluminum foil
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok. Stir-fry scallion. Add pork. Stir on high heat. Add sherry, soy sauce, and sugar. Remove to bowl.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons more oil in wok. Stir-fry cabbage. Pour in meat mixture. Stir-fry 1 minute.(Add more sugar if desired).
4. Stuff meat mixture into chicken. Wrap in foil and place in pan.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake chicken 1 hour. Then turn heat to 400 degrees and bake 15 more minutes.
6. Remove foil. Remove stuffing from chicken to platter. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Arrange on top of stuffing. Serve hot.
Reprinted with permission from Madame Wong's Long-life Chinese Cookbook