More Chinese Chicken Recipes
Yield: Serves 3 to 4
- 3 medium chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 3 large bok choy stalks with leaves
- 1 TB Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 green onion, diced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 TB water
- 1 tsp white rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons water
- 4 to 5 TB peanut or vegetable oil for stir-frying, as needed
1. Cut the chicken into thin strips about 2-inches long. Add the rice wine or sherry, green onion and the cornstarch. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2. While the chicken is marinating, prepare the bok choy and the sauce. Separate the bok choy leaves and stalks, and cut both cross-wise into thin strips.
3. Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside. Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is ready, add the chicken and stir-fry until it turns white and is nearly cooked. (Stir-fry in two batches if necessary). Drain the stir-fried chicken on paper towels.
5. Clean out the wok and add 2 to 3 tablespoons oil. When oil is ready, add the bok choy stalks. Stir-fry briefly and add the leaves.
6. Push the bok choy up to the sides of the wok and add the sauce in the middle. Turn up the heat to bring to a boil. Give the cornstarch and water mixture and quick re-stir and then add it to the sauce, stirring rapidly to thicken.
Add the chicken. Mix through and serve hot. Serves 4.
Nutritional Breakdown per serving (based on 3 servings and 4 TB oil for stir-frying): 451 calories (kcal), 21 g Total Fat (18 g Monounsaturated Fat), 57 g Protein, 5 g Carbohydrate, 137 mg Cholesterol, 818 mg Potassium, 424 mg Sodium, 1g Fiber
Reader Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Reader Review: The sauce was so easy to make and very tasty--I used tofu and added other vegetables (brocoli and mushrooms). From Donna
More Chicken Stir-fry Recipes
Chicken and Asparagus
Chicken With Peaches
Garlic Chicken Stir-fry With Vegetables
Kung Pao Chicken Stir-fry
Leftover Chicken With Red and Green Peppers
Mango Chicken Stir-fry
Strawberry Chicken Stir-fry
Stir-fry Chicken With Red and Green Peppers
Ultimate Chicken Stir-fry