Serves 2 - 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 - 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into chunks about 1 1/2 inches
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 10 baby carrots, washed, drained, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (traditional Indian yellow curry paste is best)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black or white pepper, to taste
- Ground coriander, optional
Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes so that the chicken is browned and coated with the curry paste.
Add the carrots and potatoes. Stir for a minute and add the chicken broth, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 - 20 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked.
Taste the curried chicken and adjust the seasoning if desired. Sprinkle the ground coriander over top.