Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper or 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 can baby corn
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- Oil for stir-frying, as needed
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken thigh meat (or leftover turkey meat)
Rinse the can of baby corn in warm water and drain thoroughly.
Combine the soy sauce, water or chicken broth, wine or dry sherry, sugar, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Whisk in the cornstarch and set aside.
Heat the wok and add oil, drizzling it around the sides. When the oil is hot, add the garlic, and stir-fry until aromatic.
Add the baby corn, stir fry briefly, and then add the green bell pepeprs, red bell peppers. Continue stir-frying.
Give a the sauce a quick re-stir. Make a well in the middle of the wok and add the sauce, stirring quickly to thicken.
Add the chicken, mix everything together, and serve hot over rice or noodles.