More Chinese Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 green (spring) onions, chopped
- 1 piece of root ginger, shredded
- 500g (1 pound) boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 125g (4oz) button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Shredded rind of 2 lemons
- A few lemon slices to garnish
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan.
Add the celery, mushrooms, and the green pepper. Stir-fry for one minute.
Add the chicken and marinade, then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the Soy Sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute.
Pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon slices.
Reprinted with permission from Stuart Blair, who has a very good Chinese recipes site.
More Lemon Chicken Recipes
If you like this recipe, you might want to try Steamed Lemon Chicken, Cold Lemon Chicken Appetizer, or Vietnamese Lemon Chicken made with lime instead of lemon.