Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lbs. chicken breast - cut into 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick strips
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil for stir-frying (optional if using non-stick fry pan instead of Wok)
- 1 package coleslaw mix - with green and purple cabbage and carrots if you can find it
- 2/3 cup green onions
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (use more if you'd like)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch diameter), warmed
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce - reduced sodium is fine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil - Olive oil works fine too
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Heat wok and add peanut oil, or just heat large non-stick frying pan. Add chicken and stir-fry until it turns white...about 3 - 5 minutes.
Add coleslaw mix, green onions, ginger, and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
To assemble...spread one side of each tortilla with 2 teaspoons of Hoisin sauce, spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Makes 8 wraps.
(Note: This recipe is reprinted courtesy of Lynn Nelson)
Reader Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Comments: This recipe was very easy to prepare. It was a hit with my family. I plan to make it often.
One thing I did change was the use of tortillas. I found Spring Roll Pastry sheets (8 in. square) in our supermarket and warmed them in the microwave. They reminded us of the ones you get in the Chinese restaurants.