Learn more about fried rice
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 to 5
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn or peas
- 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded, diced
- 3 1/2 cups previously cooked scented rice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or to taste, or thick soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce, or a combination
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste, optional
Push the onion to the sides of wok. Add the frozen corn or peas in the middle, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Push to sides, add red bell pepper in the middle and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add rice in middle of the pan. Stir until heated through (about 2 minutes), using a spatula to turn and move the rice around the pan. (Note: You can remove the stir-fried vegetables before adding the rice if the pan is too crowded, and then add them back before adding the seasonings. It's generally not necessary though, since the rice is already cooked and just needs to be heated through).
Stir in soy sauce, and pepper. Stir in cashews. Stir in green onion. Taste and add seasoning if desired.
More Fried Rice Recipes
Main Chinese Food Recipes File