- 6 medium red potatoes (about 2 pounds) , cut into chunks
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Chinese light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil, according to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste, or to taste
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, strung and chopped on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 stalk bok choy, green leaf shredded, white stalk chopped on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
2. In a large saucepan, bring the potatoes, salt and enough water to cover to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender (about 20 minutes). Drain.
3. Whisk the dressing again and then add it to the potatoes in a large bowl. Toss to mix thoroughly. Let the potatoes cool, then mix in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir the salad again before serving.
Chinese Potato Salad - another recipe from the United States Potato Board.