- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon chili sauce, or according to taste (I use 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 - 4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped (4 teaspoons - 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
Quickly restir the sauce, add it into the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring. (This will take about a minute).
Re-stir the cornstarch/water mixture and add it to the sauce, stirring to thicken.
Use the sauce in stir-fry dishes.
Chinese Brown Sauce
More Chinese Sauce Recipes
Main Chinese Recipe File