- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Heat oil in a saucepan on medium-heat. Add the garlic and stir briefly until fragrant.
Turn the heat to medium low. Re-stir the sauce and add it into the saucepan. Stir in sugar. Bring sauce to a boil, stirring.
Re-stir the cornstarch and water mixture. Add into the saucepan, and stir quickly until sauce has thickened.
Note: Adjust the heat up or down as needed to bring the sauce to a boil or keep it from cooking too quickly.
Chinese Garlic Sauce - this recipe uses Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
More Chinese Sauce and Seasoning Recipes
Chinese Food Recipe File