More Shrimp Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, white pepper or Szechuan peppercorn, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for stir-frying
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
In a small bowl, mix the salt with the freshly ground pepper and set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons in a preheated wok on medium high to high heat. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp and stir-fry until they turn pink. Remove from the wok. Clean out the wok.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic, chili pepper and the salt and pepper mixture. Stir-fry until fragrant (10 - 15 seconds) and then add the shrimp back into the wok. Stir-fry to coat the shrimp in the salt and pepper mixture. Stir in the green onion or serve as a garnish with the shrimp.
Each serving contains: Calories 236, 7 g Carbohydrates, 23 g Protein, 12 g Fat, 173 mg Cholesterol, 1 g Fibre, 641 mg Sodium, 286 mg Potassium. A good source of calcium and vitamin A.
More Chinese Shellfish Recipes
Main Chinese Food Recipe File