The Asian version of "ice cream," coconut ice cream is actually made with coconut milk instead of dairy products.
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar or granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract, optional
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut, optional
Combine the coconut milk and sugar, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the extract and the coconut flakes. Chill in the freezer, stirring occasionally until hardened, or prepare in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions. Top with toasted coconut before serving.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Durian Ice Cream
Ginger Ice Cream
Mango Ice Cream