More Tofu Recipes
- Marinade for Ground Pork:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tapioca starch (can substitute cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 pound regular tofu (medium firmness)
- 1 leek or 3 green onions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Chinese salted black beans (fermented black beans, also called Chinese black beans), or to taste
- 1 Tbsp chili bean paste, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp stock (chicken broth)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- Freshly ground Szechuan pepper
- 2 - 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, as needed
Cut the tofu (bean curd) into 1/2 inch (1 cm) square cubes, and blanch (drop into boiling water) for 2 - 3 minutes. Remove from boiling water and drain.
Chop leek or green onions into short lengths.
Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, add the marinated pork. Stir-fry pork until the color darkens. Add salt and stir. Add the salted black beans. Mash the beans with a cooking ladle until they blend in well with the meat. Add the chili paste, then the stock, bean curd, and leek or green onions.
Turn down the heat. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
While cooking, mix cornstarch, water, and soy sauce together. Add to wok and stir gently. Serve with freshly ground Szechuan pepper.
Another Recipe for Mapo Doufu (Mapo Tofu)
My Response to Lalaso12:
The recipe calls for chili bean paste (not chili paste) - Szechuan Pixian is the preferred type, but other brands will work as well. If you have further questions about the recipe, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.