- (14oz) pkg House Premium or Organic Tofu, Soft
- 1/2 lb salmon fillet
- 1 large carrot cooked
- 1 medium fresh bamboo shoot cooked
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 green onion julienned
- 2 slices ginger root
- 1 red chili pepper julienned
- Soy sauce mixture (mix together in a bowl):
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
2. Cut carrot & bamboo shoot into the same sizes of Tofu pieces. Cut mushrooms in half.
3. Arrange one piece Tofu on a plate. Place one piece of salmon on Tofu. Top with one slice of bamboo shoot, one piece of mushroom, and one slice of carrot. Repeat this order to arrange all ingredients on the plate.
4. Pour the chicken stock (seasoned with 1/2 tsp salt) on Tofu and steam over high heat in steamer for 10 minutes.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a wok, add green onion, ginger, red chili and soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil and immediately turn off heat.
6. Pour mixture over Tofu and serve hot.
Steamed Fish With Tofu recipe by Chef Theresa Lin. Printed with permission of Nicole Kruse, Dentsu Communications
More Tofu Recipes
More Seafood Recipes
Main Chinese Food Recipes File