Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound bitter melon (about 1 1/4 melons)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- a few drops sesame oil (optional)
Heat wok over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and chili mixture. Stir-fry briefly until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
Add the bitter melon. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, then splash with the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Stir in the sugar. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, until the bitter melon is browning and beginning to soften. Stir in a few drops sesame oil if desired. Serve hot.
Reader Review of Bitter Melon Stir-fry
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
Comments: It's light, yet so yummy. Perfect for a healthy diet. From nhi