Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
- 15 - 20 dried black mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup reserved mushroom soaking liquid or chicken broth* (See Note Below)
- a few drops sesame oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
Mince the garlic and ginger. Cut the green onion on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces. In a small bowl, combine the oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, Chinese rice wine or sherry, sugar and the reserved mushroom soaking liquid. Set aside.
Heat a wok over medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the heated wok. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger. Stir-fry briefly until aromatic. Add the dried mushrooms. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, then add the sauce. Bring to a boil and stir-fry until the mushrooms are coated with the sauce. Stir in the green onion and the sesame oil. Serve immediately.
*You can use chicken broth in place of the mushroom soaking broth if you're not worried about keeping the dish vegetarian.