Stir Fry Chinese Celery serves 3 to 4.
Yield: Serves 3 to 4
- 8 - 10 ounces Chinese celery
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil, for stir-frying
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 - 3 teaspoons chopped red chilies
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
2. Preheat the wok on medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. When the oil is hot, add the chopped garlic, chilies and the Chinese celery. Stir fry until the Chinese celery starts to turn dark green (about 2 minutes), splashing with the rice wine or sherry during stir frying.
3. Add the soy sauce, sugar and 1 tablespoon of the chicken broth. Continue stir-frying until the Chinese celery is tender but still firm, adding the remaining 1/2 tablespoon chicken broth if needed. Serve hot.