If yellow chives are unavailable, substitute 1 bunch flowering garlic chives or scallions.
- 3 cups (about 5 1/2 ounces) mung bean sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups (about 2 ounces) yellow Chinese Chives
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Add 1 tablespoon oil to a preheated wok. Add the beaten eggs, swirling so that they cover the bottom of the pan. Turn over once. Cut the egg into thin strips and set aside. Clean out the wok.
Add 2 tablespoons oil, drizzling down the sides of the wok. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and stir briefly until aromatic (about 15 seconds). Add the mung bean sprouts and stir-fry until they change color (about 1 minute), then add the chives, soy sauce and sugar.
Stir-fry for about another 1 - 2 minutes, until the chives have just turned limp, taking care not to overcook the bean sprouts. Top the dish with the egg strips and serve hot.
More Recipes Using Chinese Chives
Cantonese Spring Rolls With Pork and Shrimp
Flowering Chives Stir-fry