- 2 to 3 tablespoons cooking oil, as needed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 kilo (about 1/2 pound or 9 ounces) pork, cubed
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 kilo shrimp, (8 to 10 medium shrimp), boiled and peeled
- 1 dozen quail eggs, boiled and shelled
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thinly
- 12 pieces baby corn, sliced diagonally in half
- 100 grams snow peas
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
In a pan, pour the cooking oil, and heat on medium heat.
Saute the garlic and onion.
Add the pork. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Pan-fry the pork until it is slightly brown.
Add 1/2 cup water, cover and bring to a boil.
While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the sauce: in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame seed oil, cornstarch and sugar.
When the pork is tender, add the shrimp, then the quail eggs.
Add the carrot and baby corn.
Add the snow peas.
Add the sauce, stirring until it thickens.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
This recipes comes from Espie Estrella, About Guide to Music Education.
More Chop Suey Recipes
Pork Chop Suey
Chicken Chop Suey