As always, how much seasoning to add comes down to personal preference. Feel free to reduce the amount of salt and/or garlic if desired, or to increase the amount of spinach to 12 ounces. (Of course, if you’re a fan of garlic you can always add more!)
This recipe for Stir-fry Spinach With Garlic serves 2 to 4.
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil for stir-frying
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or according to taste
- 10 ounces (approximately) fresh spinach, rinsed and dried (I used baby spinach)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- Black pepper to taste, optional
Add the spinach, stir for 1 to 2 minutes, until the leaves are almost wilted. Stir in the sugar and Asian sesame oil. (Note: if you don't already have the sugar and sesame oil measured out, move the wok to a cold burner while you do so, and then return it to the heated burner). Sprinkle the spinach with a bit of black pepper if desired. Serve immediately.
Stir-fried Spinach With Ginger and Almonds
More Chinese Vegetable Recipes
Main Chinese Food Recipe File