- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2. Pre-heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat until it is nearly smoking. Add the oil, swirling it around the pan.
3. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and stir-fry until it is aromatic. Add the zucchini. Sprinkle the salt and sugar over. Stir-fry for a minute, then stir in the rice wine or dry sherry.
4. Stir-fry the zucchini until it turns dark green and is tender-crisp (about 3 minutes total). Serve hot.
Nutritional Breakdown for Zesty Stir-fried Zucchini, based on 4 servings:
Each serving contains: Calories 51, 4 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Protein, 4 g Total Fat, (trace Saturated Fat, 2 g Monounsaturated Fat, 1 g Polyunsaturated Fat), 0 mg Cholesterol, 1 g Fibre, 272 mg Sodium, 250 mg Potassium.