Makes about 45 - 50 wontons
- 1/2 cup mashed firm tofu
- 1 green onion, diced
- 4 water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 bok choy leaf, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 45 wonton wrappers, or as needed
- 3 to 4 cups oil for deep-frying, as needed
- Hoisin sauce or soy sauce for dipping, as needed
Heat the oil for deep-frying while you are wrapping the wontons. The oil should be heated to between 360 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
To fill the wontons, lay a wrapper in front of you so that it forms a diamond shape. Wet all the edges of the wrapper with water. Place a teaspoon of filling in the middle. Bring the top half of the wrapper over the filling and seal the edges.
Deep-fry the wontons until they are golden and crispy (about 2 minutes). Serve with hoisin sauce or soy sauce.