Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 1 lb turkey breast cutlets
- 1/3 cup water or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or sesame paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons hot chili oil, or 1 - 2 teaspoons ground chili, or 1 - 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 stalks bok choy
- 2 ribs celery
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 8-ounce can bamboo shoots
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, or as needed
Mix the sauce ingredients, whisking in the peanut butter, and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and set aside.
Cut the bok choy stalks into 1 inch slices on the diagonal. Shred the leaves. Cut the celery on the diagonal into 1-inch slices. Cut the red bell pepper into thin strips. Drain the bamboo shoots in warm running water so that they don't have a "tinny" taste. Drain thoroughly. Peel and chop the onion and mince the ginger and garlic.
Heat the wok on medium-high to high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil, drizzling it so that the sides of the wok are covered. When the oil is hot, add the turkey. Brown for a minute, and then stir-fry the turkey until it has turned white and is nearly cooked. Remove the turkey and wipe out the wok.
Add 1 tablespoon oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic, ginger, and chopped onion. Stir-fry briefly, then add the celery and the bok choy stalks. Stir-fry for a minute, and then add the red bell pepper and the bamboo shoots. Add the bok choy leaves.
Add the turkey back into the wok. Push the food up to the sides of the wok and add the sauce in the middle. Turn the heat up to boiling and add the cornstarch and water mixture, stirring quickly to thicken.
Cook for another minute, mixing the sauce with the other ingredients. Serve hot over rice.
Bang Bang Chicken
Hot Chicken Salad (Bang Bang Chicken using leftover chicken)