- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 4 - 6 pounds turkey breast, thawed and cleaned
- 2 cups turkey broth, or reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons flour
2. In shallow roasting pan (10 x 15 x 2 inches) fitted with adjustable V meat rack, place turkey breast on rack. Bake at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) 30 to 35 minutes. Add 1/2 cup broth to pan and baste with pan juices. Turn turkey breast 1/4-turn every 20 minutes and baste until all sides are golden brown and meat thermometer, inserted into thickest portion, away from bone, registers 170 to 175 degrees (Fahrenheit). Remove turkey breast and cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Strain pan juices and skim off fat. Add broth to equal 1 cup and return to roasting pan. In small bowl combine water and flour. Whisk into broth mixture. Over medium heat, cook mixture 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. To serve, slice turkey and serve with sauce.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the National Turkey Federation and EatTurkey.com.